Bonjour everyone! We headed to Giverny this morning to see Monet's gardens. Even though I had been there just over a week ago with my class, it was still really beautiful to go back. My mother is a big Impressionist, and specifically Monet, fan, so she was looking forward to seeing the gardens again. While my mom and brother were walking around, I sat with my new watercolor set and painted a few quick sheets. As usual, I got a lot of responses from other people passing by, so my brother was tempted to try to sell what I was working on to other tourists. He knows I just end up giving everything away for free. :)
In the afternoon we continued our Impressionist day and visited the Orangerie Museum where Monet's last waterlily paintings are hanging in a very cool oval room designed with those paintings in mind. It was especially awesome to compare them to where we had just been!
After the Orangerie, we headed over the river to the Musee d'Orsay, the museum for just Impressionism and Post-Impressionism works. We saw, of course, the really famous paintings, several of which are special favorites of ours since the scenes are composed into sculpture in the sculpture garden we visit all the time. Once we saw pretty much everything we wanted to see we were insanely tired, so we went back home.
Tonight we are heading out to dinner with a friend of my mom's close friend and her daughter, who's my age. I think my kid brother will stay in tonight, since he's not feeling well after a particularly harsh bus ride coming home from the museum. Above are some photos from Giverny, and one of a sculpture outside the train station in Paris we found intriguing. We are going on an all-day tour to Bruges tomorrow, which should be very exciting! Haven't been to Belgium before...well, off to dinner soon, so bonsoir!


No comments:
Post a Comment