7.11.2010

Yesterday (delayed posting)

Monet's gardens and house this morning! What can I say, they were pretty much a fairytale. They actually reminded me of Disney the way you can be totally immersed in another world. I took some photos to sketch later, since we didn't get any down time on our own. Whenever the next time is that I visit, I'll be sure to set aside time by myself to draw. The entire town looked as though it could produce Monet himself and it wouldn't be a surprise. I don't know what else to say! I can't decide whether I find Monet's waterlilies or the real thing more beautiful...

Below are some of the photos I got today. The place made me really want my nicer SLR camera, but it was good to pack light with the walking. I rested up this evening, planning my weekend out. Tomorrow I get to see an old middle school friend whom I haven't seen in two years because she goes to school in Europe now. I'm thrilled I get to see her, and it will be weird hanging out in Paris! Hoping to find a particular store tomorrow that has a bit of a background story to it. When I was really little I had this little bear that inspired my childhood nickname. Don't have any clue where I got her, or who made her. I really loved her but somehow over the years she was lost and I haven't seen her since who know when. The other day I was walking to class in the Mareilles district when I looked over and suddenly saw a store window full of bears like the one I used to have. I was totally caught off-guard and I didn't check for the name of the store, so tomorrow I'm hoping to search for it again. It was such a pleasant blast from the past! Sunday I may visit one of the famous cathedrals outside of Paris, but haven't decided on when yet. Hope you enjoy the Giverny pictures! Bonsoir everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment