6.28.2010

Today started the third week of my class today. That means comes Wednesday, I'll already be half-way through the program! It totally doesn't feel like I've already been here two weeks, it's crazy!

Today was my second visit (this trip) to the Louvre, and the special entrance we get to enter, away from the crowds, has still not gotten old. It's pretty fun flashing my laminated pass with my picture on it. The theme this morning was French Baroque painting, namely Rubens, Poussin, Vouet, and Le Brun. Renaissance and Baroque is good and all that, but after class I stole away to the Flemish painting galleries. I definitely like the Flemish stuff better, but I get why we learn about the Italian and French Renaissance...Oh man, the paintings were gorgeous, though. I took photos of them for future inspiration for my first animated film or something for set design. The buildings kinda look like Snow White. I sat and sketched but replicating oil paintings with a black pen doesn't turn out so well.

I had a bit of a fright with the escalator in the Louvre however. One was broken and closed off, and they had people walk both ways on the same thin escalator, which is in the first place hanging between the floors with no side wall! My love of museums and art was almost beaten by my fear of heights and escalators today! I'll even include a photo to show you how tall this thing was.

Anyways, not really anything else today. I came back and relaxed and went shopping for groceries. Off to somewhere tomorrow, but no idea what it is. I just know how to get there, so I'll let you all know what I find out! Going to try to drive the party out of my room soon so I can get to sleep!

Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment